Businesses often want to keep as much as possible in-house, including IT services. There's a common misconception that by doing so, you'll reduce costs as well as have more control over all aspects of your business. However, when it comes to managed IT
services, outsourcing might be the way to go. IT outsourcing can actually help to reduce costs while also improving your IT capabilities. The following are a few ways in which your business could save money with IT outsourcing:
1. Reduce staffing costs - You can't just lay your IT responsibilities on employees who have other responsibilities or you'll end up hurting other facets of your business. If you plan on keeping your IT in-house, you'll have to hire additional staff dedicated to your IT services. The costs of hiring and maintaining your IT staff will far exceed the costs of outsourcing your IT when you take into account the hours and resources that go into the hiring process, the training process, the salary of your IT staff and the cost of providing them with the workstation they need to do their job properly.
2. Take advantage of 24/7 managed IT services - Even if you do have the resources available to hire a dedicated IT staff, the moment they take a sick day or a vacation day, you're left shorthanded in the event that you need emergency IT services. When you outsource, there will always be someone available to manage your IT needs, 24/7.
3. Reduce IT service mistakes - There's no guarantee that the staff you hire won't make costly mistakes. With IT outsourcing, you won't have to worry about such mistakes. Managed IT services companies make sure that their employees are fully trained, experienced, qualified and certified to handle all of your IT needs. If mistakes are made, they will be able to pour resources into solving the mistake as quickly as possible so that it has a minimal impact on your daily operations.
4. Increase efficiency - Attempting to keep your IT services in-house will result in longer research, development and implementation time, all of which are likely to increase your costs. A managed services company will have the staff, software and equipment to provide much greater efficiency.
5. Make budgeting easier - It's going to be much more difficult to budget for in-house IT. Not only do you have to budget for your staff, equipment and software, but costs will fluctuate depending on maintenance and upgrade needs. When you outsource your IT services, you'll pay a flat monthly fee in which all of your IT needs are covered, making it much easier to budget for the rest of your company's needs.
6. Stay up-to-date with new technology - Keeping up-to-date with the newest hardware and software can be time-consuming and costly, but it has to be done in order to keep your data safe and secure. If you outsource, you won't have to worry about this, since a managed IT services company will always stay on top of the latest hardware and software upgrades in order to stay competitive in their field.
7. Ensure compliance and security - A managed IT services company will be familiar with PCI compliance standards and will help ensure that you minimize the risks associated with maintaining customer data, credit card numbers and other sensitive information. Staying compliant and ensuring the security of your data on your own can be a challenging and time-consuming process.
As you can see, IT outsourcing could actually save your business money while improving its IT capabilities as well. For more information about outsourcing your IT, be sure to contact us at EnvisionIT Solutions today.
- Ads by Google -