It may surprise you but there are literally hundreds of thousands of business websites that need updating to conform to how people search for a product or service today. With the different technology people use today like desktops, laptops, tablets, smart
phones and new gadgets like a smart watch, you should keep in tuned with how your website is viewed by people, especially your customers.
Your website is an extension of you and your business and it should be maintained like everything else you have that represents your business. Updating the appearance of a business or business card is normal for successful businesses. Take a look in your area at how many fast food chains have recently remodeled their restaurants. It is happening all the time. How do you think a customer perceives a business if they were to walk into it only to see old carpet, paint peeling from the walls, out of date equipment and employees dressed like they just came off a cruise? A website is no different, especially if it is used to represent a business. Below is a quiz titled, “You need a new website if”. If your website relates to any of the statements below then you may consider updating your website.
You need a New Website If...
- If you are embarrassed to give out your web address.
- If you’re main career is a lawyer, real estate agent, restaurant owner, sales clerk, bar owner, car salesmen, etc., and you made your own website
- If only half of your website logo is the only thing you can view on a smart phone
- If you’re content has all the same font from the title to the contact page
- If you have more underlined words than underlined links
- If your main website is your Facebook page
- If 99% of your website contains pictures and your not in the photography business
- If your website is optimized for the Netscape Navigator (this is a 20 year old browser)
- If after you searched 2,383,393 Google pages, you still cannot find your website
- If your website has a Page hit counter, animated text, or dancing GIF clipart
- If you receive an ”ERROR – PAGE NOT FOUND” message after typing in your domain name
- If your website takes 5 minutes to appear with high a speed connection
- If your website address is like http://yourname.angelfire.com
- If your background is bright blue and your wording is all red
More serious quiz statements
- If your Internal and external links don’t work
- If your brand logo is different than what is on your social media sites
- If your website displays only in one type of website browser
- If you built your website for you (because you think it’s pretty) and not for your users
Thank you for taking this quiz and remember that your website is an extension of your business.
If you would like us to do a FREE website assessment for you, click here to sign up.